SGA is firmly committed to good stewardship of funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. We promise to use your gifts wisely and effectively in Christ’s name. To insure our financial accountability to you, we are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. As a charter member of ECFA, we fully support its purposes and goals, and proudly display its seal to reflect compliance with its membership standards.
Founded in 1979, ECFA is comprised of more than 700 charitable, religious and educational organizations which are qualified for tax-exempt nonprofit status. ECFA’s steadfast purpose is to enunciate, maintain and manifest a code of financial accountability, ethics and reporting which is consistent with enlightened and responsible Christian faith and practice.
Standards for membership in ECFA:
- There shall be an active, responsible governing board, a majority of whom are not employees or immediate family members, which meets at least semi-annually, having policy-making authority.
- Required annual audit by a public accounting firm shall be performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards with the financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Audited financial statements shall be made available upon request.
- An active audit review committee, a majority of whom are not employees, shall be established by the governing board of the organization.
- The organization shall carry on its business with the highest standards of integrity and avoid conflicts of interest.
- The member organization shall have a clearly defined doctrinal statement, consistent with the evangelical Christian perspective.
- All programs and activities of the organization shall be consistent with its stated purposes and objectives, and donated funds shall be applied for the purposes for which they were raised.
SGA’s Audited Financial Statements are available for download below:
SGA 2019 Audited Financial Statement
SGA 2020 Audited Financial Statement
SGA 2021 Audited Financial Statement
SGA 2022 Audited Financial Statement