SGA-supported Pastor Sergei sent this recent report from the region of Kherson near the destruction of the Nova Kakhovka dam. Now there is another disaster after the initial flooding of the Dnipro River—there is no water!
Please lift up in prayer Sergei and all of those in his community who are facing severe, life-and-death consequences as the war in Ukraine continues. We ask that the Lord continually grants our spiritual family members peace in every circumstance (2 Thessalonians 3:16), and that He would use this disaster to bring more Ukrainians to Himself. Sergei sends a plea for help for his struggling congregation . . .
Dear friends. Peace be with you!
I am asking for your help, as we are not able to help ourselves and the others right now. After the explosion of the dam in Nova Kakhovka, half of the Kherson region went under water.
- 1. We urgently need modern filters for water purification, because the water is now becoming toxic and not good for drinking and use. There is already a threat of infectious diseases.
- 2. Our church is already hosting IDPs from the flooded areas. Since we live in the north of [Kherson], we are not flooded, but we have no water now. We feed these people in our House of Prayer every day now. We need these things now:
- · A gas stove (because there is a threat of power outage)
- · A couple of washing machines
- · A couple of pumps for pumping water
- · Different kinds of detergents (for washing everything)
We ask for your prayers as well, because Enerhodar is not far from us, and everything there is in an emergency state (nuclear power plant).
In a time of great uncertainty, God is bringing help, healing, and hope to the people of Ukraine through SGA-supported pastors, churches, a seminary, and SGA-sponsored Compassion Ministry. Be a part of God’s incredible work with your generosity and prayer support.
Your gift of compassion helps struggling people with emergency aid that generally includes Scripture materials, food, medicine, warm clothing, and shoes.